- 2 cans gabanzo beans, drained and well-rinsed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (decrease if you don't like it tart)
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded/minced (optional)
- 4 medium cloves garlic (decrease if you don't like a lot of garlic)
- Place garlic in a food processor and process until minced, about 10 seconds. Add beans, lime juice and salt. Process until it is pureed. With the processor running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube. Process until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Add cilantro and jalapeno and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Enjoy with pita bread, chips or in a wrap. To make the veggie wrap, spread a generous amount of hummus on a tortilla. Add your favorite veggies (I prefer spinach, onion, bell pepper, green chile, cucumber) and cheese; fold and enjoy! If you want to kick up the heat, add hot sauce on the veggies.