Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Honey Green Tea

(The recipe and post below is from my hubby. He loves making different drinks. This is one that is usually finished when we have guests over.)

I love honey green tea. But what I don't love is paying $1 for a bottle of it or $4 for a gallon. Moreover, much of the store-bought green tea has more corn syrup in it than honey. Ugh. So, I decided to try making it at home. You only need three ingredients (water, green tea, honey). There are a lot of different types of green tea out there, and you will have to find one that you like. Personally, I use the Trader Joe's Green Tea. I like the flavor and it's damn cheap (48 bags of tea for $1.99).

Ingredients (makes 7 servings):
  • 7 bags of green tea
  • 7 cups of water
  • Honey (to taste)
Directions:
  1. Bring the water to a boil and then let it cool down for 5-7 minutes. Add the green tea and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. (Be careful - green tea can become bitter if it sits in the water too long.)
  2. Add honey and stir to dissolve. For an extra twist, use flavored honey. When the green tea has cooled, move it to a pitcher and place it in the fridge. Serve chilled and enjoy!

No comments: