I first had these at Citrus Club in San Francisco and loved them. I tried to replicate them at home as we don’t make it out into the City as often. I’ve come close to replicating it…and that will have to do for now.
- 1 bag frozen edamame (no salt, in pods)
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (use less or more depending on your preference)
- 1-2 teaspoons of oil (olive or canola)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Prepare Edamame per directors on package. Drain and set aside.
- While edamame is cooking, heat oil in sauce pan or nonstick pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add garlic and crushed red pepper. Let cook for ~1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Mix soy sauce, corn starch and water. Stir to dissolve. Add to garlic and redpepper. Keep stirring over medium until sauce thickens (~3-4 minutes). Turn off stove.
- Pour sauce over edamame and toss to cover evenly. Enjoy!