(adapted from TJ's Unbleached All Purpose Flour/King Arthur's Unbleached All Purpose Flour)
Yield: 6 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or less or a substitute)
- 1 1/4 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon (if using), flaxseed (if using). Make a well in the center and pour the milk and melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle/pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter using ~1/4 cup (or estimate) for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot!
- Banana walnut pancakes: add one ripe sliced banana and 1/4 cup (or more to taste) chopped walnuts at the end of step 1.
- Applesauce/blueberry pancakes: add one small carton of applesauce and crushed blueberries to the end of step 1.