- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) frozen bell pepper and onion mix, thawed and diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) (15-ounce) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) hot water
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 (9-ounce) fresh pesto tortellini (choose any flavor you like)
- 2 cup(s) (about 2 medium) diced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pepper-onion mix, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, broth, water, and basil; bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add tortellini and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions. Add zucchini and spinach; return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.