Yield: serves 4-6
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup pasta, dry (a small pasta is best)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen vegetables (zucchini, carrots, broccoli and beans) OR one zucchini, carrot, broccoli and some green beans cut up
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves or use 2 T of dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring broth, beans, and tomatoes to boil in large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth mixture and pasta and simmer until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables and basil and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.