Spinach Pesto Sauce
- 4 cups washed, baby spinach (stems removed), well packed, 16 to 24 ounces
- 3 garlic cloves, halved (or more depending on your taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- Place a few spinach leaves, garlic, walnuts and a little oil in blender or food processor container. Cover and puree until leaves begin to look crushed. Continue adding spinach leaves a few at a time with small amounts of oil to blender, using a rubber spatula to help to combine pureed mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and salt (if using). Cover and process until spinach pesto mixture is smooth.