Roasted Green Beans Recipe
Yield: 4-6 (or just 2 hungry monsters)
- 2 lbs blue lake green beans (or your favorite variety)
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the beans..not fry them)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or leave out if you're watching salt intake)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or leave out)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. (Can be made in toaster oven as well)
- Wash, dry well, and trim green beans.
- Put the beans in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper if using. Toss with your hands to evenly coat the beans.
- Spread them out into 1 layer on the cookie sheet or toaster oven safe pan.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled. Timing will vary if you use a toaster oven. Just keep an eye on them.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.