Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins
From Mark Bittman
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pureed blueberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease one 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, banana, egg and buttermilk.
- Fold wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins or liners; bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins are puffed and turning golden brown on top. Serve warm if possible.