Here is recipe that I adapted from one found on All Recipes. I changed to my tastes. You can do the same. I think I'll experiment more next time by adding spinach and other fun ingredients.
Home made Flour Tortillas
Makes one dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter
- ~3/4-1 cup hot water
- Mix the flours, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in butter with your fingers until it appears to be a crumbly mixture.
- Add in the water and mix until the dough comes together. You can either knead it by hand or using the stand mixer until it is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 24 small balls and roll out into circle. Roll out one at a time using a little bit of flour. Keep the other balls under a towel to prevent drying.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Put rolled out tortilla and cook until golden. Flip and cook on both sides. Place on plate under a towel to keep them soft.