- 1 cup channa dal
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon of panch pharon mixture (equal parts cumin, fennel, fenugreek, black mustard and nigella seeds)
- 2 teaspoons amchoor
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi/turmeric
- chopped/sliced red onions for garnish
- Wash channa dal and soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in small pan and add panch pharon. Add mango powder and dal. Add salt, haldi and 2 cups of water.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 7 minutes or 4 whistles or on stove top until dal is cooked.
- Enjoy with rice with red onions on top.