- 1.5 cups of wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 tablespoon of semolina or rava
- 1/2 cup (or more) leftover rice mashed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi
- 1 tablespoon minced/grated ginger
- 1 jalepeno (optional)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- Tadka/Vagar: 1 tablespoon oil; 1 teaspoon mustard seeds; 1 teaspoon sesame seeds)
- Mix all of the above except tadka/vagar and yogurt. Add yogurt to mix. Do not make the dough/batter too soft or sticky. Add additional yogurt and water as needed.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Make into small logs (will have to post pictures later). Place in steamer. Steam for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Once done, set aside for 5 minutes. Once cooled somewhat, cut into small circles.
- Heat oil and mustard seeds in pan. When crackle, add sesame seeds and steamed muthiyas. Brown for a few minutes and enjoy with some chai or on its own!