I found this yummy yummy pulao recipe from another site. It was a great find and goes well with some cool raita or dahi (yogurt). It was the perfect recipe because I already had all the veggies cut up from making mexican pizzas! This is my slight variation from the one on Chef in You.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 4-6 minced garlic garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen (if using fresh, boil it before hand)
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 2-3 green chillies (optionals)
- ~2-1/2 cups cooked rice (leftovers work great)
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish, as needed
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add cumin and fennel. When aromatic, add onions, ginger, garlic, chillies along with salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, garbanzo beans and bell peppers with a few tablespoons of water. Add spices and cook for a few minutes until water comes out of tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the spinach and peas and cook for ~2 minutes until spinach wilts. Once done, add rice and cilantro. Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes.