Carrot Zucchini Bread
Adapted from "Eating Local: The Cookbook Inspired by America's Farmers)
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cups oil (canola is recommended, I've used olive oil)
- 1 cup sugar (add more if you want it sweeter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and grated (large grater holes)
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and grated (large grater holes)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat two 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Sift together with flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Stir in salt.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar and vanilla, whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in carrots and zucchini.
- Add ingredients from step two into wet mixture all at once. Stir with wooden spoon until just blended. Divide the batter equally between the two pans.
- Bake until the breads are rise and are firm to touch and toothpick comes out clean. (About 1 hour) Let bread cool in pans on a rack for 10 min and then invert and finish cooling right side up on a rack.