Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Modified From Heidi Swanson
Makes 2.5 dozen
- 1 cup multi grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Coach's cut oats (from Costco)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil (didn't have coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. I used a baking sheet and a stone to bake my cookies (don't line the stone).
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl. (I used my stand mixer bowl.) Add the nuts and carrots.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, maple syrup and ginger. Add this to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Drop onto the baking sheet and/or stone. I used a tablespoon and flattened some (if you want them crispy) and left some as mounds (to have them softer). Bake on the top part of your oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned on the top and bottom.