Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups mixed cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup multi grain flour (I used Sujata)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add all the ingredients in a food processor until the dough forms (takes approximately 2 minutes).
- Roll out dough or chill to roll out later. If you chill longer than 30-45 minutes, let it come somewhat to room temperature. (I let mine chill too long and it began to crack as I rolled it out.) Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thick and cut shapes using a cookie cutter. I used a star shape as that was what I had on hand.
- Transfer the crackers to a cookie sheet leaving about 1/2 inch between them. Bake on middle rack for 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn brown. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.