- 1/2 lb gavar (when cut up, approx 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons besan (chickpea flour)
- 2 Tablespoons of yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (haldi, harder)
- 1-1 1/2 cup water
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Cut and wash gavar. Set aside.
- Mix the besan, yogurt, turmeric,chili powder (if using) and salt together. Make sure there are no lumps. I typically use a wire whisk. Add the water and mix thoroughly.
- Heat pressure cooker with oil and add ajwain seeds over medium heat. When seeds sizzle and turn brown, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the besan mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. If water evaporates too quickly, add a little more.
- Add gavar and mix together. Put lid on and cook for 7-8 minutes (without whistles) or for 3-4 whistles. The gavar should be softer but not mushy. Enjoy with rice, khichadi or roti.