adapted from lizmari
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup oil (grapeseed or olive)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 4 whole chipotle chilies in adobe sauce (take seeds out) (use more if you want it spicier)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chilies
- Drain garbanzo beans and wash. Add garbanzo beans and all other ingredients to a food processor. Puree until smooth. You may need to add more oil or lime/lemon juice to your taste.
- The four chilies will make this mild. Add more chilies plus some of the seeds to make it spicier.
- Enjoy with pita chips.
adapted from epicurious
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Soak sesame seeds in 1/4 cup water for 30 minutes. Add this to blender and blend until paste formed. Add remaining ingredients and adjust according to taste.
- Note: the addition of cilantro and parsley will turn your tahini green!