Aloo toastMy mother in law makes the best Indian breakfasts. Thanks to her, I have learned to make some yummy breakfast dishes. This is by far my favorite and can be eaten all day along. We modified her original recipe to include the addition of more veggies. A healthy treat to eat all day long.
Aloo Toast (Toast with Potatoes)
- 1-2 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4-1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (optional)
- finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons chaat masala (or more depending on your taste)
- 4 slices of wheat or sourdough bread (may make more)
- Warm skillet on medium with small amount of oil.
- Mash or grate potatoes. Grating the potatoes makes this taste much better.
- Mix together all ingredients other than wheat bread.
- Grill one side of the bread. Once lightly browned, take off the grill. Spread the potato mixture over the browned side.
- Return bread to pan. Grill the plain side first then flip to grill the potato side until brown.
- Enjoy warm. If you are not eating right away, put on cooling rack so it does not get soggy.